Automated Citrix Testing

Ask general questions here.
AllanR

Automated Citrix Testing

Post by AllanR » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi, I'm currently looking for, and having a lot of trouble finding a tool to automate some business processes taking place in a Citrix terminal environment.

I searched and found a lot of topics of people wanting to monitor automation via an RDP connection but not sure if this is the same thing.

Basically we have users who run a Citrix client to connect to a cloud hosted server. Once logged in they start up and work with vendor applications on that cloud server and disconnect at the end of the day.

We would like to automate some of these processes to capture timing and performance data. Is it possible to do this with Ranorex? I've read this may be an issue as terminal machines appear to the host as a big image so automation becomes extremely difficult. Just not sure if Ranorex includes this capability. We are unable to install and run the application on the client as the machines are not owned by our company.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ciege

Re: Automated Citrix Testing

Post by Ciege » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Any remote connection (RDP, Citrix, etc...) only displays a graphic to the end user. Because of this Ranorex, or any functional automation tool for that matter, will NOT be able to see the elements and attributes of your AUT.
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

sdaly

Re: Automated Citrix Testing

Post by sdaly » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:20 am

You might want to take a look into the image based side of Ranorex...A little trickier but certainly possible...