Build on Linux via xbuild?

Ask general questions here.
let

Build on Linux via xbuild?

Post by let » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm looking to build ranorex projects on our existing CI server (which is unfortunately running Linux). Do you see a reason why I can't use xbuild (part of Mono Project's "implementation of msbuild and it allows projects that have an msbuild file to be compiled natively on Linux." - to quote their website) to build a Ranorex .sln file? The sln file that Ranorex generates are just normal files, correct? I've been able to use MSBuild on a windows based machine, I just don't know if/how it'll work with this linux tool.

Before I make the request to get xbuild installed, I'd like to know if you're sure it won't work.

Ciege

Re: Build on Linux via xbuild?

Post by Ciege » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:16 pm

To build with Ranorex DLLs you have to have a license.
Not sure if you can license a linux box. Since Ranorex does not support linux I see no reason why they would have developed a linux licensing scheme (but I may be wrong).
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Build on Linux via xbuild?

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:46 am

Hi,

Ciege correctly answered your question. You cannot install Ranorex on a Linux system, because there is no license scheme for it. Ranorex supports only Windows OS.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team