Can't successfully execute complie case on Win7 64bit(intel)

Ask general questions here.
marcushe

Can't successfully execute complie case on Win7 64bit(intel)

Post by marcushe » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:48 am

I've downloaded Ranorex and create a sample solution . When i execute compiled solution at .\debug\xxxx.exe , it indicates

'The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program,and then contact the software publisher'

While i've set to "Intel 64-bit Itanium processor" in Ranorex Studio , Project->Project Option->Compiling->Target CPU.

marcushe

by Specify "32bit intel-compatible" , confusion is

Post by marcushe » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:19 am

Eccentrically. According to hint ,by specify Target CPU type , i can launch it properly.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:48 am

Usually, you don't need to set the processor type, however, there are occasions where you should do so on 64bit operating systems. Please, read the following chapter in the Ranorex user guide:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... forms.html

Nearly all of the 64bit processors in personal computers comply to the AMD64 standard, Intel 64bit Itanium processors are almost exclusively used for servers. So, you will rarely need the "Intel 64-bit Itanium processor" setting in the "Compiling" tab of the project properties.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team