cannot get automation to run on safari

Ask general questions here.
martinsw

cannot get automation to run on safari

Post by martinsw » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:54 am

Hi,

I currently have two Ranorex licenses - a full studio license which is installed on one PC and a run time license installed on another PC. My automation runs successfully on safari when running the automation on the PC with the full license but fails to find any elements through safari when run from the PC with the run time license. Both PCs have the same version of safari and Ranorex installed (5.1.4 and 3.2.2). Both have the Ranorex extension installed for the safari browser and both browsers have the same security settings.

Can you please assist me in understanding why the automation is not running successfully on safari through the test runner? I am only experiencing issues with safari. The automation runs successfully through IE, Firefox and chrome.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cannot get automation to run on safari

Post by Support Team » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi,
martinsw wrote:Can you please assist me in understanding why the automation is not running successfully on safari through the test runner? I am only experiencing issues with safari. The automation runs successfully through IE, Firefox and chrome.
On the runtime machine:
How did you instrument the Safari Browser? Did you start the instrumentation wizard or did you just the installation on the runtime machine?

Would it be possible to create us a Ranorex Snapshot of both machines? To create a Snapshot on the runtime machine please use following module
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/create-sna ... t2447.html

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

martinsw

Re: cannot get automation to run on safari

Post by martinsw » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi Peter,

I just installed safari on the machine and assumed (wrongly it seems!) that the necessary Ranorex extensions were enabled to allow the automation to run. I thought this because the safari settings were telling me that the Ranorex extension was enabled.

I have run the Ranorex instrumentation wizard and this resolved the issue. The Ranorex automation is now running successfully.

Thanks for your help.

Martin