Cannot select single tab from a list tab menu in Delphi app

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
helentd

Cannot select single tab from a list tab menu in Delphi app

Post by helentd » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:07 am

Hi Everyone,

Please help me in this issue if anyone have or know the solution for it: "Cannot select single tab from a list tab menu in delphi apllication".
Please find the attached snapshot and screenshot for more detail.

Thank you!
Ranorex_ScreenShot1.png
Ranorex_SnapShot.rxsnp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Cannot select single tab from a list tab menu in Delphi app

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:10 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, you are hitting the same error with RawTexts and tabs, which I reported a week or so ago. Ranorex folks already checking the issue with sample I provided. The only solution for now is to use screen-based automation for the affected tabs. However, because you are using Delphi, there may be another hope for you! Simply join the Ranorex beta program and try your app with Ranorex 8.2 beta, which introduces improved support for Delphi components! My app is not Delphi-based, so my problem with certain tabs is not solved with this beta. But it may help you? ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

helentd

Post by helentd » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:51 pm

Hi Odklizec,

Thanks for your replying so much.
1. For the first solution : " screen-based automation for the affected tabs" : The "screen-based" does not work well in different operating systems . When I take image base in window 7, run the script it works. But then run the script in window 10, the image base cannot be recognized . Do you have nay solution for that please?
2. I have just joined in Ranorex 8.2 beta program with hope the issue can be fixed. Could you please let me know that when that version (8.2) will be finally released? Because if it works on 8.2, my company might decide go with Ranorex for automation tool. In that case, we need to wait until the version 8.2 release, is it correct?

Thanks!

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:35 am

Hi,

Well, I'm afraid, screen-based automation is not very helpful in case of testing on multiple different systems. The only thing you can probably do about this is setting the Win10 visual style to look like Win 7. Check for example this post:
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/make ... -windows-7
And of course, you must use the same screen resolution and color depth on all systems. There is no way around.

As for when will Ranorex release 8.2, I don't have a clue. Typically, they release one or two public betas, before releasing new version into the wild. And I believe, that there were not all things they are planning for 8.2 available in first beta? So there might be another beta waiting around the corner? ;) Have you already tried the beta 1 with your app?
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

helentd

Post by helentd » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi Odklizec,

Thanks for your dedicated help so much!
I've just tried the 8.2 Beta (latest version) and it works on my application.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:03 am

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that! Unfortunately, 8.2 does not solve my problem, because my AUT is built with some ancient UI technology and RAW tabs are the only way to go. So I'm patiently waiting the RAWText (for tabs) fix ;)
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration