Cannot validate element in IE10. Workes in IE11

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:52 pm

Cannot validate element in IE10. Workes in IE11

Post by mreljp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Running Ranorex version Developer Premium licenses on both machines.
(.NET Runtime Version 4.0.30319.18052)
My pc is windows 7 professional sp1 64 bit, IE10
Colleagues pc is windows 7 professional sp1 64 bit IE11

I can identify and track element correctly in IE 10 (have uninstalled and reinstalled IE10 to resolve the issue of the object identification tracking being off centre).
I record validating on the element. I click on the item in the repository, highlight element, and the element is highlighted.
I play this back, and it cannot detect the element.
I then delete the repository item, manually track it using view spy and add the item.
I then manually Add a new action, and run again.
Again failure.
It also seems to lose the ability to track the element after i have re added it a couple of times.

I have tried the above steps for just clicking on the element, and it also fails.

However, for my colleague who is running IE11, works correctly.

I have attached a snapshot in IE10 when it is tracking correctly.

I have also attached a screenshot of view spay when it has "lost" the element.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12145
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Houston, Texas, USA

Re: Cannot validate element in IE10. Workes in IE11

Post by Support Team » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Hello mreljp,

Please post a Ranorex Snapshot of your application from your PC using IE11.
This would help us in analyzing your issue.

Thank you in advance.

Markus (T)

Certified Professional
Certified Professional
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Re: Cannot validate element in IE10. Workes in IE11

Post by kmck » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:33 pm

I don't know if this will help you, but I've run into similar situations in the past and the issue of the object not being recognized by one browser version while being perfectly accessible by another has been an extra space in the text. In your case, it could possibly be the trailing space after (2).

See if changing the path to the below path helps:

li[innertext~'Holiday Entry (2)']