Chrome Popup - Disable developer mode extensions

Ask general questions here.
benny28

Chrome Popup - Disable developer mode extensions

Post by benny28 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Hello,

I'm guessing this is more of a Chrome issue than a Ranorex one but:

Why does the Ranorex Chrome Plugin ask me every time I restart Chrome if I want to "Disable developer mode extensions"? Can this pop up be disabled for good?

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krstcs

Re: Chrome Popup - Disable developer mode extensions

Post by krstcs » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

As you guessed, this is a Chrome issue. The Ranorex team is working on a solution.

The issue is: As of Chrome 33, Google requires ALL extensions to be uploaded to the Chrome Webstore. Ranorex's extension uses binary code that is not allowed to be hosted on the Chrome Webstore, so it must run as a "Developer" extension. In Chrome 33, you can still run these extensions, but it warn you about them until you cancel it. This popup can not be disabled or worked around. You will just need to add some code into your tests to click the "Cancel" button on the dialog. This will allow you to continue working.

Also, you can turn on the option in Chrome's advanced settings (down at the very bottom) to keep Chrome running in the background. This allows you to only have to cancel the popup once, after a reboot or logon for example, when Chrome does a complete restart.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

mzperix

Post by mzperix » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:25 am

Hy benny28,

Look at this forum: http://www.ranorex.com/forum/ranorex-ch ... t5787.html

Support did a good job on suggesting different solutions on the subject.

Regards,
Zoltan

benny28

Post by benny28 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks for the detailed answers folks. In fairness I should have found that dedicated thread on the subject. :oops:

Thankfully, the issue does not hinder my test runs as it does other people.