Closing keyboard on iOS

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
tgroeger

Closing keyboard on iOS

Post by tgroeger » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:03 am

Hello everyone,

I've recently installed the new version of Ranorex (5.1.1) and integrated the newest version of the libraries (1.6.1) into the iOS apps I am automating and have noticed that I can no longer close the keyboard once it pops up. I've used to identify the close button and touch it.

I can still identify the button I want to push, but actually having Ranorex touch it does nothing anymore. I've browsed the tutorial and found the alternative method of using a MobileKeyPress action with the value "{ENTER}". That however did also not close the keyboard.

I can find the button on the numeric keyboard and even touch it but other than changing its visual state, nothing happens. It merely looks as if it was pushed but does not trigger the actual action, which would be closing the keyboard.

I have tried doing the same with the sample application RxKeyPass and find myself unable to close the keyboard even with this. I've been trying all that on an iPad2 with iOS 7.1.1.

I hope you can help me with that as closing the keyboard is a rather essential action to my automated tests and I imagine that it is for most of any test on iOS.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Closing keyboard on iOS

Post by Support Team » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:13 am

Hello tgroeger,

Thank you for reporting this behavior. I was able to reproduce the issue on our side as well.
I have added an entry to our internal bug-tracking system. We try to resolve the issue within one of our next releases.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Robert