Deploying iOS app via USB

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
eafojas

Deploying iOS app via USB

Post by eafojas » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:36 am

Hi,

I'm having a problem when I try to deploy an iOS app from a windows machine via USB. I have managed to properly instrument the app as I have seen the RXAutomationEngine init when I ran the app using simulator. The problem is when I try to deploy the IPA from a windows machine using USB mode, it always display an error about missing iTunesMetadata.plist and (App name).sinf in archive. Can anybody help me solve this problem? Thanks! :D

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deploying iOS app via USB

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi,
eafojas wrote:Can anybody help me solve this problem?
This sounds like the IPA file isn't correctly archived. Did you use XCode to archive your application or any other third party tool? Did you try to archive the package a second time?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

eafojas

Post by eafojas » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 am

Hi,

I'm currently using xCode 5.0 and I tried to archive and deploy it multiple times, but the result is still the same. Do I need to validate the app before archiving it for ad-hoc/enterprise distribution?

Thank you for your time!

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi,
eafojas wrote:Do I need to validate the app before archiving it for ad-hoc/enterprise distribution?
I've done the same steps as you to archive an IPA File and I had no issues. I just followed the steps from Apple to get my IPA File
https://developer.apple.com/legacy/libr ... sions.html

Please could you try it again with that documentation, maybe you are just missing a small step. If this doesn't help too we could do a webmeeting to check your issue on your live machine.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

eafojas

Post by eafojas » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:54 am

Hi Peter,

I've already managed to properly deploy an app from a windows machine to an iphone via USB. Thanks for your answers. But I encounter another problem wherein when I try to deploy another application, the deployment wizard says Operation successful but I can't see the app in the iPhone. I've tried to install the same IPA using itunes via mac and the application was successfully installed. Can you help me out with this? Thanks!

eafojas

Post by eafojas » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:04 am

BTW

The application that I'm trying to deploy was already released in AppStore and I have a previously installed version of that application from the AppStore. Is that somehow correlated to the problem I'm experiencing? Thanks! :D

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:17 am

Hello eafojas,

Can you please try to uninstall the application from your device and deploy the app again?
Please let me know if this works.

Regards,
Bernhard