Device Communication Time Out Error

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
kkashyap1707

Device Communication Time Out Error

Post by kkashyap1707 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Hello Ranorex Team,
I am new to the Ranorex Mobile automation, I just try to automate mobile web page using Ranorex application.
On my system(Windows) Ranorex is able to detect my device (Samsung Galaxy S4)(Android), and install Ranorex RxBrowser and Ranorex Services successfully but when I am going to launch the Ranorex RxBrowser it says Device Communication Time Out Error. I attached a screenshot of it and also go through the Ranorex Blog but i am unable to resolve it. Please have a look on screenshot attached with this mail and revert me the exact solution as soon as possible.

kkashyap1707

Re: Device Communication Time Out Error

Post by kkashyap1707 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:33 am

Thanks.After proper up gradation of software now it's working.

prajakta

Post by prajakta » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:35 am

Hi team,

I have same case with ranorex 5.3 studio, samsung s5. I get "Failed to start the app as app started eent was not received with specified time out." even though app launches on connected mobile.Also i see "No App running" msg in front of the mobile device in the list.

What kind of upgrade is needed ?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi prajakta,

Have you already tried to increment the ‘Connect timeout’ in the ‘Plugins’ tab of our ‘Global Settings’ dialog?
Plugins_Tab.png
If the issue still persists after changing this value, may I ask you to send us your apk file?
This will help us analyzing the issue in more detail.
Thank you.

Regards,
Markus (S)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.