Differences when running tests remotely

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
seurrep

Differences when running tests remotely

Post by seurrep » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:43 pm

I've got the tests I've had to write running successfully on my own PC. When they're run remotely however I start seeing odd behaviour. I need to authorise a user as one of the initial steps in one of my tests. To do this I opened a browser then navigated to a URL (the navigate action had the 'waitforloaded' parameter set to true). This page contains a bunch of text and a continue button.

Trying to click the continue button however ends up with odd results. Initially for example it clicked on it but almost looked like it was trying to drag the button meaning that the button ended up not being clicked, and even when it was working it ended up clicking on entirely the wrong area of the screen (to the top left area beyond the button). This doesn't happen when run locally.

The remote PC has a different resolution for the screen (1080p as opposed to whatever high resolution my own PC is using) but would this have an impact to start with? If the image is being searched for then wouldn't it still find it & click it?

RobinHood42

Re: Differences when running tests remotely

Post by RobinHood42 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:37 am

Hi seurrep,

First of all, I would do the following to eliminate any possible timing issues:

TimingIssue.png

The hardcoded delay and the separated mouse actions are there for maximum robustness.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Robin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.