Disable Screenshot on Error

Ask general questions here.
keith

Disable Screenshot on Error

Post by keith » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Is there a way to turn off/disable the screenshot on error function? I don't need or want the screenshots in my report. I wasn't able to find anything under Global Settings to disable this.
By the "screenshot on error function", I mean the 2 or 3 screenshots added to the Ranorex report when any failure or error occurs.
Cheers,
keith

CookieMonster
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Disable Screenshot on Error

Post by CookieMonster » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 pm

Hi Keith,

One way to disable the screenshots, is to remove the tick "Capture Tracing Screenshot" in your Test Suite Properties. May this help to solve your problem. Otherwise we need a bit more information, where you don't want screenshots.

Regards
Daniele

keith

Re: Disable Screenshot on Error

Post by keith » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:35 pm

When Ranorex generates a standard .html report AND there is an error or failure, using the setup that I have some screenshots are added to the Ranorex report (.rxlog) for the falure, error, and also a previous step automatically. I want to turn this off.
Under Project Settings - Advanced, there is a "Use hidden screenshot capturing". This doesn't seem to disable that so it must not be I want.
Under Project Settings - Recorder Defaults, there is a "Capture a screenshot for each step" which also does not seem to be what I want.
With regard to properties, I was only able to find something named properties by right clicking on the project in the project area which doesn't seem to have the option you have mentioned. Perhaps this is the right one but I can't find it.

Ranorex 5.2.1.20895 on Windows 7

:lol: Wait a second!!!! 2 seconds after I wrote the above I figured it out. I right clicked on the Test Suite (as you said) and there it is.
Cheers,
keith