downware version compatibility

Ask general questions here.
kobak

downware version compatibility

Post by kobak » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi,

I am trying to migrate recordings from Version 7.2 to 8.0, but the conversion process Fails me utterly (I am ending up with an empty file, according to my Version 8.0 Report)

Can anyone Point me in the right direction? I have the Feeling I am missing something... maybe important: The two Versions are installed on different Environments (Version 7.2 = local instal, Version 8.0 installed on Citrix Environment)

ek

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: downware version compatibility

Post by odklizec » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi,

I'm not quite sure I understand your problem and setup? Ranorex installed on Citrix machine should not be a problem as long as you load the solution from local folder (local on Citrix machine). If you trying to load the solution from a network/shared drive, then its definitely a bad idea and most probably reason of your issue. Ranorex does not support loading/saving and running solutions from network/shared drives! You should download the solution from your version control system (CSV, SVN, Git,...) and then load it to Ranorex 8. If you are still experiencing a problem with upgrading Ranorex 7.x solution to 8.0, then please post "exact" error you get (ideally, entire upgrade log).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

kobak

Re: downware version compatibility

Post by kobak » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:29 pm

Hey, thanks for your very fast reply! Turns out I found the problem myself already. I though I can just upgrade a single file (i.e. one recording), and move that to a different solution on another machine. That does not seem to be possible, but by copying the whole folder I enabled ranorex to do the conversion just fine.

I still have to find out why the recording in version 8.0 on my desktop doesn't work, but my immediate, first problem is solved, Thanks again!

ek