Easy question I hope

Ask general questions here.
bwaters

Easy question I hope

Post by bwaters » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Sorry if this sounds dumb but I am new to Ranorex. When I build an exe after completing my test run and move this to another computer to execute the test, it errors out. (I will post the error in another post if needed)

There is a catch, the computers I am building the exe on, then moving the exe to are different OS's.

The error mentions that it can not load the file or assembly Ranorex.core. I am under the impression that I do not need Ranorex installed on the machine I am running the exe on. (according to the youtube intro for ranorex)

I know there is an easy solution but it never hurts to ask :D

Thanks

bwaters

Re: Easy question I hope

Post by bwaters » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Sorry I finally found a post after I wrote this (just my luck) mentioning you need a runtime license. I'll look in to that.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Easy question I hope

Post by Support Team » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:15 pm

bwaters wrote:The error mentions that it can not load the file or assembly Ranorex.core. I am under the impression that I do not need Ranorex installed on the machine I am running the exe on. (according to the youtube intro for ranorex)
Actually, you need a minimum Ranorex installation on your runtime machine (see this forum post) or you have to copy the "bin" folder from your Ranorex installation directory to the runtime machine as well and place your executable into the copied "bin" folder. (The Ranorex demo only states that you don't need Ranorex Studio installed on the runtime machine.)
bwaters wrote:Sorry I finally found a post after I wrote this (just my luck) mentioning you need a runtime license. I'll look in to that.
If you don't have a runtime license, yet, and you try to run an executable on a runtime machine (with the minimum Ranorex installation on it), the 30-day-trial dialog will pop up. So you can try out the above mentioned options right now! :-)

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team