General Question on Automation Tool

Ask general questions here.
need4spd101

General Question on Automation Tool

Post by need4spd101 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Good morning. I am new to Ranorex and I was wondering if you could help answer a simple question I had with this tool. When you do your testing, should you have all other programs closed so that you can test more efficiently? I have a user who has a few browser windows open along with programs that hog memory like SQL management Studios,etc. I was curious to see if that will affect the way the tool works.

Thanks for the help!

Ciege

Re: General Question on Automation Tool

Post by Ciege » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:58 pm

You probably won’t have any issues with other apps running, unless it is another instance of your AUT, or if your AUT is in a browser, a similar browser open could cause recognition issues. That being said, the safest route would be to have as clean a machine as possible when performing your tests so that you can limit potential issues with other things running... Considering you want to be testing your AUT and not other apps there really is no reason to have other applications running at test time.
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...