getting attribute x failed on FlavorElement

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Mihaelau

getting attribute x failed on FlavorElement

Post by Mihaelau » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:19 am

Hello,

I am facing an issue with Ranorex when I am running the recording from the test suite as in the attachment with the message: "Getting attribute 'data-testid' failed on Flavor Element with flavor 'chromeweb'. The given key was not present in the dictionary". The main idea is that my application is built for Chrome and in the steps I am basically trying access a dropdown list. Highlighting the element in the Repository is ok, but when running the test is failing on the mouse click action when it is suppose to choose the item from the dropdown list and it is showing this message only on the screen and not in the report. I have tried to add delays between the steps but this is not solving the problem. Also when I restart Chrome and run the first time the recording, it is working fine. The following times not.

Can you please advice me regarding this issue? Is this a bug in Ranorex, or something related with Chrome caching or is this an issue because I am defining something wrong in my repository or the sequence of the steps is not correctly defined.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martin

Re: getting attribute x failed on FlavorElement

Post by Martin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:57 am

There might be multiple different issues here. You could post the code part where the test fails as well as the snapshot of the problematic item. Guide for creating a snapshot can be found here - http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... files.html