How do I change the timeout for a NotExists validation?

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
JoshuaPereyda

How do I change the timeout for a NotExists validation?

Post by JoshuaPereyda » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 am

One action I confirm is that Internet Explorer closes on clicking a certain button.

My Validate event has Action="NotExists" and targets my WebDocument object. The Path for that object is "/dom[@domain='myUrl.example']".

The validation works, but takes 20 seconds or something to finish. It would be preferable if I could change the timeout to 5 seconds or something. Does anybody know how to do this?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I change the timeout for a NotExists validation?

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:23 am

Hi,

if you make a validation on an Adapter you have to set the Seach Tiemout of this Adapter.
So, in your case, you have to set the Search Timeout of your WebDocument in your Repository.
That means on the other side if you are searching in this WebDocument it might come to problems, cause of this short Search Timeout.
So if you are searching on this Adapter und additionally want to validate it the best approach is to hold to seperate WebDocument items in you Repository, one for validating (shorter Search Timeout) and the other for searching (longer Search Timeout).

Regards,
Tobias
Support Team

JoshuaPereyda

Re: How do I change the timeout for a NotExists validation?

Post by JoshuaPereyda » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Cool, that worked very well! Thank you! I also learned how to make a new Adapter.