How Repository deal with recognized objects?

Ask general questions here.
Yazeed

How Repository deal with recognized objects?

Post by Yazeed » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:07 am

Hi,

I was modifying my records regularly to fit my testing needs,

But I've seen that: when I re-record a test case again, the repository still repeating the action of object saving.

In other words, the repository shouldn't save an object (that have been saved previously) again.

Am I right..? Because if we keep adding test cases, the repository will have an enormous number of repeated objects.

Yazeed
to be ,,, or not to be ...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How Repository deal with recognized objects?

Post by Support Team » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:42 am

Hi Yazeed,
I hope I have understood your questions correctly.

At the moment there`s no check if an already existing modified element in the repository(modified path which maps although to the same element) is the same as a new created one. If you only rename or drag&drop a node that should be no problem. But otherwise the repository will create a new entry for the element.
We will improve our RxPath check for repository in one of our next releases

Regards,
Christian
Rannorex Support Team

Yazeed

Post by Yazeed » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:03 am

Hi Christian,

Yes, You got my point.
and I hope this issue will be solved as soon as possible.

Regards,

Yazeed
to be ,,, or not to be ...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi Yazeed,

the next Ranorex major version 2.2 will enhance the repository handling. When you add an element to the repository (e.g. by tracking the item in Ranorex Spy or Ranorex Recorder), the repository will perform a non-trivial check if an item/folder in the repository already matches the item. "Non-trivial" means that the repository will try to find the best matching item/folder in the repository and only create a new item/folder if no existing item/folder matches the tracked/recorded element.

That means, if you don't change the paths of items, the repository handling stays the same as in 2.1. But if you change item paths, the recorder will still try to use the items in your repository for tracked/recorder elements.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team