How to end and cancel SharpDevelop Build Worker

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
QATest879

How to end and cancel SharpDevelop Build Worker

Post by QATest879 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:31 pm

Sometimes rarely Ranorex will not finish the build, it goes very slowly and takes forever to end the build because SharpDevelop Build worker for MSBuild locks all of the files and the SharpDevelop process doesn't end... so I can't close the project naturally or run the project until it's finished... I know I figured out how to do this the first time it happened but now I forgot what I did. All I need to do is end the Sharpdevelop process abruptly and then start it again and the build will work again... but I have forgotten how to do that and I don't see it on the task manager. Does anybody know about this problem that I'm having or solutions? Thank you.

Jacob
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: How to end and cancel SharpDevelop Build Worker

Post by Jacob » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:32 pm

Hi QATest879!

I cannot say that I've ever had this happen to me, nor have I heard it from anyone else in the past. However, common issues with compilers I've see in the past can be caused by anti-virus or anti-malware scanners that monitor the build worker to ensure it isn't attempting to operate in an unexpected or unauthorized manner. Perhaps someone else on the forums has encountered this issue and a workaround in the past. Short of forcing the process to close and then releasing the lock, I'm not sure of an alternative for this situation. I would be very curious to hear if anyone else has had this problem. It should also be possible to create a support ticket to see if the support or engineering teams have any additional insight.

--Jacob