How to execute the .exe file on other computer

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
jaypatel

How to execute the .exe file on other computer

Post by jaypatel » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:58 pm

hi,

I am looking to run .exe files on other non-installed Ranorex computer. do I have to download ranorex on every computer that I have which would mean buying tons of software and then be able to run the .exe or can I import the required filed to these computers and ask the user the run the exe every time I send them one to test.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: How to execute the .exe file on other computer

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi,

What you need to do (to run Ranorex exe on other computer) is to follow this user guide chapter:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... yment.html

Eventually, you can try newest Remote deployment and execution, available in recently released Ranorex 6.0. Here is a detailed description of Remote functionality:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... emote.html
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

krstcs

Re: How to execute the .exe file on other computer

Post by krstcs » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:23 pm

One other thing to note is that you still must have a valid license for each concurrently running instance of Ranorex, including test executables and instances where you have copied the Ranorex libraries as described in the threads that Pavel noted. These can be either Profession or Runtime (if you are only running tests), however, Runtime license only allow you to RUN tests, not to create or modify them.

In addition, any Virtual Machines must use a floating license.
Shortcuts usually aren't...