How to Hide the Binded Variables in Ranorex Reports

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Deepak_Singh

How to Hide the Binded Variables in Ranorex Reports

Post by Deepak_Singh » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:25 am

Hi All,

When I am generating the Report's then I see the Binded Variables and There Values next to them. Now I am Login in Gmail and there the Username and password is also seen.

I am passing values through Excel and the Binding is being done. but my problem is that I dnt want my Username and Specially password to be Displayed in the Report.

Is there any way to do this?
If we hide all the variables then also its Ok but Nowhere in My report I want to see My password.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks And Regards,
Deepak

krstcs

Re: How to Hide the Binded Variables in Ranorex Reports

Post by krstcs » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:10 pm

No, there is currently no way to hide values, nor should there be. The report is supposed to be an accurate representation of what was done in the test and what data was used. If you hide the data, the report becomes inaccurate.

On top of that, you should not be using a real person's email address and password in your tests. Setup a fake user account in Gmail and use it instead. Then you can set a password that anyone can know and it won't impact a real person.

We use an account like this to do all of our automation. You can even sub-address the email address so you can get even more email addresses that go to that same account.

For example:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

All three go to the same Gmail account (MyAutoTester), but your system under test should see them as three different email addresses. (If your SUT does not allow the "+" in an email, that is a bug as it is a valid email address.)
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi guys,

One possible workaround for hiding the password in the report is to create a Module Group for the login. The Module Group itself provides Constant Values through the data binding dialog of the Module Group. These values are not displayed in the report.
HidePassword.png
Regards,
Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Deepak_Singh

Post by Deepak_Singh » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi All,

Just posting the Solution which worked for me.

Using Excel to Fetch Different Values and then posting the Private data in .Xml file(Embedding in Project) and Using Crypto function to store the Value.

Then fetching the Value from XMl and Decrypting it and assigning it to a variable and then passing the same to Application.

:)

Jec

Post by Jec » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi Deepak_Singh,

Please help me with what've you done to encrypt data.

I hope to hearing from you soonest.

Thanks