How to pick data from PDF using Ranorex

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
ninaddande

How to pick data from PDF using Ranorex

Post by ninaddande » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi Team,

My application generates a pdf which I open in Adobe reader. It has some data in it and I need to pick it for further validation. However when I spy it with the help of Ranorex it spies complete white canvas over the which data is available but it does not allow me to identify each and every attribute or element on the pdf page.

Also after spying it in Ranorex Spy, I can see Accessible Name as "Alert: Document unavailable." Accessible Value as "Processing of this document was canceled.". I changed PDF/A mode as well so that I should be able to edit it. I can copy each and every data available on the page but cant track it using Ranorex.

Could you please post if somebody has encountered similar thing and got the solution for the same.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: App get crashed while tap on element in iOS Instrumented app

Post by odklizec » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Hi,

Please make sure there is enabled option "Content copying for accessibility" in problematic PDF (document properties) as shown here...
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/how-to-get ... tml#p25699

Also, as far as I remember, some non-Adobe PDF writers produce incorrect PDFs, with no or broken accessibility. So make sure the PDF is created with Adobe Acrobat or compatible product.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration