How to run tests against different browsers

Ask general questions here.
RensterUK

How to run tests against different browsers

Post by RensterUK » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi all,

Forgive what is probably a fairly simple question, but....

I'm coming from a fairly QTP oriented test automation background. The tests I currently have can easily be switched from say, IE to FF, simply by launching the appropriate browser as part of the script. QTP treats this browser as its "child", and finds all relevent objects thereunder.

However, we're now looking at alternatives to QTP, that might provide wider browser support (Chrome, Safari), and from what I've seen Ranorex so far seems our best bet (albeit rather limited support for the new browsers). But I'm stuck!

I can record (say, using IE) a simple script to log in to our app under test. The recording process creates the required objects in the repository. All good, and works very well. But how can I edit the script / repository, so as to be able to specify a browser to use, and have it started if necessary?

Thanks!

Steve

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to run tests against different browsers

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi,

Please take a look to following link
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... sting.html

Inside this documentation you will find the whole infos how we handle web testing. Support for Chrome and maybe Safari (they are supported but in another way than IE and Firefox) will be in a future release of Ranorex. But I cannot tell you an exact date yet when this will be.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team