How to upgarde our license manager server to v5.4 to v6

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
rmery

How to upgarde our license manager server to v5.4 to v6

Post by rmery » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:34 pm

Hi!
We planned to migrate from Ranorex v5.4 to v6.1. It’s our first Ranorex upgrade.
We have several Ranorex clients v5.4 (using floating licenses with subscription available until OCT 2016 and DEC 2016) and a license manager server (v5.4).
I suppose to migrate to v6, I have to migrate both Ranorex clients and the license manager server.
To upgrade the license manager server, do I need to uninstall first the v5.4 and then install the v6, or can I launch directly the “RanorexLicenseManager 6.1.0.exe” over my v5.4?
If I need to uninstall first, and install v6 after, do I need to register again all my licenses?

Last question:
Is it possible to migrate only our Ranorex clients to v6, and let our license manager server in v5.4 ?
If not, why?

Regards.

krstcs

Re: How to upgarde our license manager server to v5.4 to v6

Post by krstcs » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:20 pm

You should only need to install 6.1 over the top of 5.4. The installer will take care of everything.

You should keep the license server up-to-date with your highest version of installed Ranorex. The license server is backwards compatible (unless otherwise noted in the release notes), but may not be forwards compatible.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

rmery

Re: How to upgarde our license manager server to v5.4 to v6

Post by rmery » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:46 am

Hi!
Thank you for the answer. Upgrade worked fine as described.
Regards.