IFrame elements are not recognizable

Ask general questions here.
krishna.sai540

IFrame elements are not recognizable

Post by krishna.sai540 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:54 am

Dear Team,

We are facing difficulty in identifying the few of the Iframe elements in web page, please find below attachments for elements which we are able to identify and not not able to identify.

Iframe1.rxsnp-> Able to spy the elements
IframeObjects.rxsnp-> Not able to identify the elements.

Could you please suggest or tell the problem why Ranorex spy is unable to find the elements in IframeObjects.rxsnp.

We have installed the Ranorex extension in chrome browser and opened the browser –disable-web-security -user-data-dir="C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data" .

Appreciate for the quick response
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: IFrame elements are not recognizable

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:14 am

Hi,

The snapshot you provided suggests, that you are using a pretty obsolete Ranorex version (6.2.1.0). As far as I remember, full iframe support (or, at very least, heavily improved iframe support), has been added in later Ranorex versions? So the obvious thing you should try is the most recent Ranorex 9.1 (even in trial mode).

I just tried iframe2 from your snapshot in 9.1 and it works as expected. So I'm afraid, if you wish to work with such kind of iframe, you need to update Ranorex with later version (ideally most recent one).
iframes.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration