Infragistics UltraDayView control

Ask general questions here.
jack_r_daniels

Infragistics UltraDayView control

Post by jack_r_daniels » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi Support and all...

The application I'm trying to test uses Infragistics controls.
One of the controls is an Infragistics UltraDayView control

I'm wondering if anyone has had experience automating such a control, and if there are any known limitations.

The spy recognizes the entire control as a Table but doesn't recognize anything below that level... in other words, the xpath to the control is as below, but I can't get to anything below that level. I can't get to the contents of the table. See the attached screenshot of of the UltraDayView control... I can't seem to get to the appointment displayed on the control.
/form[@controlname='MainForm']/element[@controltypename='MdiClient']/form/container[@controlname='pnlBase']/container/container/container[@controlname='pnlViews']/container/container[@controlname='pnlDayViewControl']/element/table[@accessiblename='udvDay']

Suggestions / comments welcome. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Infragistics UltraDayView control

Post by Support Team » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:09 am

Hi!

I've tried the UltraDayView Control (Infragistics 2010). First I had the same problem as you, but when the applications gets the forcus, I was able to catch the cells of the table.
You should try it with Instant Tracking in SPY. First set the Focus to the Form where the control is implemented. Then catch the control or a cell via instant tracking of spy and I think you will get the cells.
See following link for instant tracking:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c1797

Consequently, when recording, make sure the application with that control has the focus before you click inot the UltraDayView control; for example, by clicking on the window title bar.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Suppot Team

jack_r_daniels

Post by jack_r_daniels » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Thanks for your response Peter... I see what you mean now. If I place focus on the appointment in the grid, then do the instant tracking in the Spy it works. Oddly enough the manual tracking still doesn't see it, only the instant tracking. And even though the instant tracking sees it, the Detail > Layout info is incorrect... The visible property is set to False and the Location is set to negative values etc.

However, I'm in a bit of bind because I can't seem to get the focus to the element/cell in the table.
Here's what I mean... when I do the instant tracking, the xpath that is displayed is as follows:
/form[@controlname='MainForm']/element[@controltypename='MdiClient']/form/container[@controlname='pnlBase']/container/container/container[@controlname='pnlViews']/container/container[@controlname='pnlDayViewControl']/element/table/container/cell[@accessiblename~'^Appointment\ ''123\ test\ App']
or for an empty slot it would be /form[@controlname='MainForm']/element[@controltypename='MdiClient']/form/container[@controlname='pnlBase']/container/container/container[@controlname='pnlViews']/container/container[@controlname='pnlDayViewControl']/element/table/container/cell[@accessiblename~'^Wednesday,\ April\ 14,\ 2010' and @accessiblerole='Cell' and @accessibledescription~'^Time\ Slot:\ \(10:30\ AM\ -\ 10']

These paths are only valid if I manually select the cell... If I don't have the cell selected the paths are not valid...
So, how can I get Ranorex to select the cell when it can't see it? Does this have to do with the magic Ranorex.Plugin.MsaaFlavor.Instance.ExpensiveAttributesEnabled = true; ?

Thanks in advance...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi!

I tried a few solutions but no of them works. It seems that the control only provides the cells if it has focus it's so implement by Infragistics. So you can't access the item via code.
The only possible way is with the Ranorex Recorder for example to validate a Attribute.
You have to add your item with instant tracking to the repository so the cell is knwon by Ranorex. Then record a recording so, that the control(and it cells) is visible and manually add a valdition to the recording.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Support Team