Installation Error: Service 'Ranorex License Server' failed

Ask general questions here.
sac.sharma

Installation Error: Service 'Ranorex License Server' failed

Post by sac.sharma » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:53 am

Hi,
I am trying to install the 'Ranorex License Server' 3.2.Getting the below error
"Service Ranorex License Server'(RanorexLicenseService)failed to start.Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I am using Windows Vista Sp2(64 bit),also opened port 7266 for TCP and UDP access on the server.
I am an admin user with developer rights.

Observation:In task manager during installation, i observed RanorexLicenseService service is getting started but getting stopped after few minutes and after that i am getting the above error message.
I tried to install the 'Ranorex License Server' 3.3 also but getting the same error.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Regards,
Sachin Sharma
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation Error: Service 'Ranorex License Server' failed

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Hello,

There might be several reasons for this issue.
One reason could be that you don't have enough rights to install services on your computer.
The Second reason could be that you try to install Ranorex with RanorexLicenseServer-x.msi. In that case some prerequisites aren't installed properly.
Another reason could be that an antivirus software blocks the installation of Ranorex.

Regards,
Bernhard
Ranorex Support Team

sac.sharma

Re: Installation Error: Service 'Ranorex License Server' failed

Post by sac.sharma » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:17 am

Hi Bernhard,
Thanks for the reply.
I am able to solve the issue.Although i am having developer rights on my machine,but i have to manually configure user account log on options for RanorexLicenseService in the in the RPC Call locator properties dialog.

Regards,
Sachin