iOS: Embedded web object recognition

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
tgroeger

iOS: Embedded web object recognition

Post by tgroeger » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:42 pm

Dear Ranorex Support Team and other readers,

I'm currently experiencing problems with using controls inside of an embedded web object inside of the app I'm currently testing.

The app is opening an external webpage in an embedded browser. I am able to use any controls of the embedded web page manually. The Ranorex Spy is able to identify and list the web controls without any problems. It is however unable to highlight or actually interact with a certain part of controls.

The automated tests I've written using those controls do not work either. Even though the test cases report successfull completion of any included steps although they have not been carried out. The controls have neither been set to the specified values nor have they been touched.

Inside of a list of inputs I am able to interact with a select few of them while completely unable to use the rest whatsoever. The divs containing the inputs I am unable to use also don't return anything when GetInnerHtml() is called on them, while those that work do return their contained Html, albeit partially incorrectly.

One of the working divs even returns the Html contained in the div container it itself is situated in.

Any hints or ideas what might be causing this behaviour would be most welcome.

Ranorex version: 4.1.1
iOS version: 6.1.3
Device used: iPhone 5 (A1429)

Regards,
tgroeger

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iOS: Embedded web object recognition

Post by Support Team » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Hello,

In general, it should work to automate embedded web controls.

Could you please send us the source code of your app to [email protected]?
This would help us to analyze your issue.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Markus (T)