Licensing more session/user per machine?

Ask general questions here.
besnik

Licensing more session/user per machine?

Post by besnik » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:44 am

Dears,

Is there any licensing plan that provides more users/sessions within one Node/Machine at the same time?

Regards,
Besnik

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Licensing more session/user per machine?

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi,
besnik wrote:Is there any licensing plan that provides more users/sessions within one Node/Machine at the same time?
Of course you can do this already with Ranorex. You could use one machine with more users, but then you will need Ranorex Floating Licenses, because each user session on this machine requires its own license.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

besnik

Post by besnik » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:49 pm

OK, so i need to setup a Ranorex Floating License Server and install licenses for each users!
i.e. if i install 4 licenses then 4 users can run the application on the same time on same (one) server?

May i have Ranorex Floating License Server and the application/components and features on the same server/node running?

Regards,
Besnik

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Hello besnik,
i.e. if i install 4 licenses then 4 users can run the application on the same time on same (one) server?
Exactly this is correct.
May i have Ranorex Floating License Server and the application/components and features on the same server/node running?
In general it is not necessary to install the Floating License Server Tool on the same machine where the application is running. You can also install the Floating License Server Tool on a separate server and use the Ranorex Tool on another machine using the license, which is installed on the license server.

Regards,
Bernhard

besnik

Post by besnik » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Yes, but I don't want to spend two servers for one service or even pay OS licenses for two servers that's why i asked, thanks a lot for your reply

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Hello besnik,

Yes, I understand.
In general it is possible to use the Ranorex License Server on the same machine where you are executing your test.

Ragards,
Bernhard