Module could not be found error

Ask general questions here.
jwhite

Module could not be found error

Post by jwhite » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:41 pm

LoginLogout.zip
Hi, I'm pretty new to Ranorex. I created a login module, which works fine on its own, and is being created as debug exe. I've read your page http://www.ranorex.com/blog/organizing- ... test-suite. In order to test getting the login module into a new test suite I have created two tests - one where it is added it as a separate module and another where it's selected as an exe in references. In my tests, I do nothing more than call the login module from the new solution. In both cases I receive "The module 'Login' (with ID {ff32a52b-c173-418a-adfa-3e2816b7aa98}) could not be found." The login module does indeed have that ID. Can you help me out with why it's not being found? Thanks! p.s. I created a third test with a non-debug dll and received the same error.

Updating this with more information in hopes I can get a response. The module I keep trying to include is the Login module described in this post: http://www.ranorex.com/forum/how-to-set ... t4288.html I have an earlier version of the module that had no System.Configuration, and was still at the "native" RNX /NET 3.5 setting. I tried including that one and got exactly the same problem. I attach the 3.5 version in a zip for your review. Would really appreciate some help with this as the only workaround I can figure out is to manually embed the modules as though they were originally coded into other test suites. Thanks!

One more thought on this. The test suite was originally named Login and I went through the process of renaming it to LoginLogout. I found the path in the solutions files didn't get fully updated automatically during that process and I did it manually. Perhaps there's some other reference that is mismatched and is only used externally? Just a thought...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Module could not be found error

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Hello,

It looks like that you missed to add the Recording 'Login.rxrec' into your new solution.
I suggest you to open both solutions (one with the Login module and another one).

Please follow these steps to add your Login module to another solution:
1. Please copy the 'DoLogin' TestCase (with global parameters) from your first solution into your second solution.
2. Please copy the Login.rxrec (under Projects) from the first solution and past it in the second one.
3. Build your project. You will be asked to copy, link or embed your repository (select copy).
4. Run your test.

If you rename your TestSuite, it will be renamed but it won't rename all project files.
You need to rename other project files separately.
The project folder on your filesystem will not be renamed as well.

Regards,
Markus (T)

jwhite

Post by jwhite » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:05 pm

I followed your suggestion and received no prompt to copy or link files. The build worked fine. I see the references were updated in both projects. However, the error persists.

To prove the process I created a simple solution that opens a browser (#1). I created a second solution (#2) to use it. I added solution #1 to solution #2 using the Add Project method. I used the recording from #1 in #2. I built #2 - and received no prompt to copy or link. Solution #2 works fine - exactly as desired. The only notable changes I see as that #2's /bin/Debug now contains solution #1's exe, pdb, rxtmg and rxtst files. This is attached in a zip.

I did exactly the same thing with a new solution that calls one of the recordings in LoginLogout, built it - received no request to link or copy, ran and received the same module not found error. The LoginLogout exe, pdb, rxtmg and rxtst files exist in the test solutions bin\Debug. The look the same as the successful tests in terms of their directory content and structure, but it does not work properly. LoginLogout runs fine on its own. This is attached in a zip.

<Day later update> I created a completely independent LoginLogout module from scratch - same problem. I never received a request to copy or link files.

Question:
1) What triggers the copy / link prompt, what does it do and why is important?
2) Why would one test work without the copy / link and another not?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your files.
Unfortunately, we didn't get the error message.

We could make a remote session to come up with this issue?
Please let me know when it would be possible.

Regards,
Markus (T)

jwhite

Post by jwhite » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:10 pm

Thank you. I'll follow up in the future. Appreciate it