More than 3 parameters in Usercode Function

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Andymann

More than 3 parameters in Usercode Function

Post by Andymann » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi everybody,

We've come across the limitation that it is not possible to handle more than 3 paramters for a usercode function. Is there a certain reason for this limitation?

[Edit] Actually, we just realized that it IS possible to pass more than 3 arguments (via the 'Args...'- Button). Quastion remains why there is a limitation when working within a recording-module's editor [/Edit]
Vorsprung durch Wahnsinn
www.Doktor-Andy.de

krstcs

Re: More than 3 parameters in Usercode Function

Post by krstcs » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:48 pm

The limitation is due to there only being a certain number of columns in the table. There is no room to put more columns unless they push them off-screen, which is not a good idea.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Andymann

Re: More than 3 parameters in Usercode Function

Post by Andymann » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:39 am

Hi krstcs,

thx for your reply.
Of course this might possibly lead to lots of off-screen- .. things. But: who cares?
Even today I can increase the size of a column within the module editor up to a point that it becomes absolutely senseless (large horizontal scrollbar). But as soon as I get a new monitor setup it might again become sensbile. That's just the natrue of the used control element in the editor (is it a table? I don't know).

Dynamically adding (basically: infinite) columns for parameters would make it possible to have all the passed data at hand without having to open another dialog. Which, in return, doesn't sound that wrong from a usability point of view.

I know that in the end you just have to decide and either way there will be people complaining/ asking. But ... well... at least it's a feedback.
Vorsprung durch Wahnsinn
www.Doktor-Andy.de