mouse clicks and new work methods

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Nono

mouse clicks and new work methods

Post by Nono » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Hi guys,

So there is a new protocol in the company I work in that from now on nobody can use a desktop.We have laptops and servers we can remotely work on, using the laptops...
As I work in a video company, many of our tests combine usage of video cards, therefore I cannot only use my laptop but must install the ranorex studio on my new server machine where my video cards are physically located.
Ever since working in this method, scripts are not working smoothly...mouse clicks are not being performed though Ranorex identifies a click was made and moves on to the next step, unsuccessfully so, of course.
What can be done? did anyone experience such a behavior?

Stub

Re: mouse clicks and new work methods

Post by Stub » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Are you connecting to your server machines via remote desktop? It's often mentioned here that RDP is poor with Ranorex, and I have definitely seen that myself. I think VNC has been suggested, but I've not had to resort to that yet. I definitely get lots of introduced errors when attempting to run Ranorex over RDP, so I avoid doing so.