Need Help To install ranorex

Ask general questions here.
sarahjohns388

Need Help To install ranorex

Post by sarahjohns388 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:11 am

Hello All,

I have installed ranorex as user1 and while running the automated test I am impersonating user2, when i try to use ranorex assemblies for finding the controls I get error with license manager which does not occur if I run the tests with user1.

Since the test require some part to be run as user1 and some part as user2 can I install ranorex in such a way that it is available for all/both the azure users?

Help me out!

Thanks

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Need Help To install ranorex

Post by odklizec » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid, there is not enough information regarding the problem. Please answer below questions:
What error exactly did you get (please provide a screenshot)?
What Ranorex license do you have - Node Locked/Floating and Studio or Runtime?

My guess is that you are trying to run two instances of Ranorex at the same time (on two different computers)? In case you own just one license, this is why you got the error. You actually need two licenses to be able to simultaneously run two Ranorex instances (on two different computers). In case you run Ranorex on the same computer, there should be required just one license.

So please, provide more details about what exactly you trying to do and what error exactly did you get. Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need Help To install ranorex

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Hello,

I would like to add something to this topic. As Pavel correctly wrote, it is not possible to run a test (or depending on the license a Ranorex tool) on two different computers at the same time by using the same license. In addition to that it is also not possible to use the same Ranorex license on one computer in two different user sessions. I think this is what sarahjohns388 is trying to do.

Regards,
Bernhard