Not able to identify TNT element in Dynamics GP 2013

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Thangavel_S

Not able to identify TNT element in Dynamics GP 2013

Post by Thangavel_S » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi,

We are using Dynamics GP 2013 & Ranorex 5.2.1 (Trial) for evaluating GP 2013. I tried to record Sales Transaction Entry window

The problem is, Ranorex is able to spy all the buttons, Links comboboxes available in the Sales Transaction window. But its not able to recognize the cells available in the Grid. It is identified as Element 'TNT' and not able to access any of the controls in the grid.

Herewith I am attaching the snapshot file & screenshot of the Sales Transaction Window.
SalesTransactionWindow.png
GP_SalesTransaction_TNTClass.rxsnp
Note: Not only for Sales Transaction Window. For all Transaction windows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thangavel

Re: Not able to identify TNT element in Dynamics GP 2013

Post by thangavel » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:10 am

http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... tions.html

This section describes how to use the GDI plug-in in order increases object recognition for controls which use the Windows GDI drawing mechanism to display text on screen.
Regards,
Thangavel.S

Thangavel_S

Post by Thangavel_S » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:55 am

Hi,

I have Used the Ranorex Spy tool to activate the GDI-Plug-In for a specific control (TNTClass). Now its able to recognize the Text fields as "RawText". But I don't have any idea about creating adapters for "RawText". Help me to move further.

Attached the Screenshot & snapshot file.

Snapshot:
GP-WelcomeWindow.rxsnp
Screenshot:
GP-RawText.png
My best regards,
Thangavel S.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi Thangavel,

If you want to use these elements within your recording you can either drag and drop the elements from the Spy into your repository or you can use the record functionality of Ranorex Studio.

After adding the process to the GDI capture list, the Ranorex Recorder is also able to recognize the elements as "RawText". The Ranorex Recorder automatically adds the items to the repository during recording your tests.

Regards,
Markus (S)

Thangavel_S

Post by Thangavel_S » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi Markus,

I was able to access the elements using GDI Raw Text Plugin. All elements are identified as "RAW TEXT" and I did some work around (Just captured the location of the raw elements to click on the control) to select/ click on the control using mouse/ keyboard simulations.

Finally I was able to automate the Microsoft Dynamics DeskTop application (Scope is limited to few windows not on all windows in Dynamics GP). I have done so many work around to capture the controls and do some operation on it (Ex:- click, Enter text & Select item on Raw Text controls).

My best regards,
Thangavel Sundaram