Object Identification issue in Ranorex upgrade 8.3 to 9.1 version

Ask general questions here.
alpesh.dhakad

Object Identification issue in Ranorex upgrade 8.3 to 9.1 version

Post by alpesh.dhakad » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:15 am

Hi,

I am facing issue in Object Identification in Ranorex upgrade 8.3 to 9.1 version.
I am getting below error while executing the test. So, I have below solutions but issue still exist. Could you please help on this ?

Error :
Something is limiting object recognition for WinForms. Missing privileges are a common cause of this. Try starting all Ranorex tools and the AUT with the same privileges, preferably as an administrator.
Process: 'ProfileConsys' (pid 11324)
The following website provides more information on this technology limitation:
https://www.ranorex.com/help/v9.1/inter ... etWinForms
(This message is only shown once per report.)

I have checked the following (Our application is desktop with .NET WPF) :
1) Done - Restart all Ranorex tools and the AUT with the same privileges, preferably as an administrator.
2) Done - Switch to the native WPF plugin in Ranorex Studio under Settings > Plugins > WPF > WPF Legacy/UIA interaction > WpfImprovedOnly.
3) Also, in Project.csproj file I have changed version from 8.3 to 9.1

(Refer attachment )

Why every-time issue is with upgrade ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

semate

Re: Object Identification issue in Ranorex upgrade 8.3 to 9.1 version

Post by semate » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi!

Maybe the reason for this different behavior is on the OS side (Windows Update?). You could try setting the level in the User Access control all the way down
I experience similar restrictions when I was trying to automate the Install Process. Ended up starting Ranorex via the TaskScheduler with "Run with the highest privileges" set.

Good luck!