Object identify

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
omayer

Object identify

Post by omayer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:30 pm

what is the advantage of identify object on runtime instead of using repository. On repo we could get the dynamic object value using xpth editor, please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks in advance
Tipu

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Object identify

Post by Support Team » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi,
what is the advantage of identify object on runtime instead of using repository.
There is not really an advantage if you identify objects on runtime, because Ranorex also have to search for the specific repo elements on runtime.
On repo we could get the dynamic object value using xpth editor, please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, in repo you can get/select such values, but you can also get this information with Spy and then you can also take/use this for creating a RxPath to find the elements at "runtime".
If you do not want that Ranorex uses some attributes in your RxPath you can set the weights for the specific attributes.
For more information about the RanoreXPath Weights Editor please take a look at the following link.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

omayer

Re: Object identify

Post by omayer » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Thank you Markus
Tipu