Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Florent

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Post by Florent » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Regularly, i've got the following error message always concerning the same target. It's strange because others controls of the same module react well and sometimes, the control that i'm talking about does not lead to an error. Sometimes, the same control produces an error about RPC server. I've already installed the .NET Framework 4.0 Extended as indicated in the user guide (http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c3250). I would realy appreciate a support on this issue because all works well except a click on this target and it stops the robot execution.

Please find the details of the error below and the Ranorex snapshot as attached file.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Show/Hide Stacktrace
at Ranorex.Plugin.WebFlavor.GetDocumentChildLineageFromUid(String uidValue, IHTMLDocument3 rootDocument, WebDocumentFlavorElement superParent, WebFlavorElement parentFrameElement, UidFindResult& result) at Ranorex.Plugin.WebDocumentFlavorElement.GetChildLineageFromUid(String uidValue, UidFindResult& result) at Ranorex.Core.Element.FindFromUid(String uidValue, Element& result) at Ranorex.Core.RxPath.ApplyInternal(RxPath path, Element startElement, Duration timeout, Boolean findSingle) at Ranorex.Core.Element.TryFindInternal(RxPath path, Duration timeout, Boolean findSingle, IList`1& foundElements) at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.Find[T](Boolean findSingle, Boolean throwException) at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.CreateAdapter[T](Boolean throwException) at Scenar1.Scenario2RepositoryFolders.BureauHTLM2_PanneauDAppFolder.get_FinParArretMedical() in c:\Documents and Settings\f.ngoye\Bureau\Test_Ranorex\Cahier_de_recette\Scenario1\Scenar1\Scenar1\Scenario2Repository.cs:line 2664 at Scenar1.Scenario2.S2_E01.Ranorex.Core.Testing.ITestModule.Run() in c:\Documents and Settings\f.ngoye\Bureau\Test_Ranorex\Cahier_de_recette\Scenario1\Scenar1\Scenar1\Scenario2\S2_E01.cs:line 303 at Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteModule.RunInternal(DataContext parentDataContext)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Florent on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Florent

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Post by Florent » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:56 pm

when i click on "Highlight element" from the Repository, Ranorex managed to find the element. When i try to play the corresponding item, it failed as Ranorex does not recognize the element :
No element found for path 'dom[1]/.//table[#'Tableau_1']/tbody/tr[1]/td/a[@innertext='Fin par arrêt médical ']' within 40s.
Failed to find item 'Scenario2Repository.BureauHTLM2_PanneauD.FinParArretMedical'.

Florent

Post by Florent » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:06 pm

now it's an RPC error again :
Le serveur RPC n'est pas disponible. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi,

Did you also reinstall Ranorex after you have installed the .Net 4.0 extended framework?
If not please install the actual Ranorex version which is 3.3.1 with the setup.exe file, otherwise it will not run properly.
Here is the link: 3.3.1.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

Florent

Post by Florent » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:02 pm

It works after an instalation of the new Ranorex version. :wink:
Thank you Markus