PopupWatcherLibrary's PauseWhileExists aborts the test module

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Truc.Luu

PopupWatcherLibrary's PauseWhileExists aborts the test module

Post by Truc.Luu » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:32 pm

Hello there,

I'm testing out a web application where after you click a button, there will be a popup and you need to navigate to a file. I'm trying to use PauseWhileExist method in the PopupWatcherLibrary but instead of pausing the test, it aborted the test module. I was wondering if I am doing anything wrong. Here's my code and the test report screenshot as well, note that it's at the bottom of the test

Code: Select all

PopupWatcher watcher = new PopupWatcher();
        	PopupWatcherLibrary.PauseWhileExists(EditCustomer.Activation.popupBrowseInfo);
Thanks in advance for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tmcdoniel
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: PopupWatcherLibrary's PauseWhileExists aborts the test module

Post by tmcdoniel » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 pm

Have you tried the automation helpers as it does contain user code from the nuget library for dealing with popups?
Sales Engineer @ Ranorex

Truc.Luu

Post by Truc.Luu » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 pm

tmcdoniel wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 pm
Have you tried the automation helpers as it does contain user code from the nuget library for dealing with popups?
Hi there, I did use it as in my code snipet but instead of pausing the script the whole thing is aborted, was I missing anything?

tmcdoniel
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by tmcdoniel » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:51 pm

Perhaps, I'm not understanding but it seems that the next action steps in the running test would be to have it navigate to the file, then continue. What is the test case pausing for? Is the navigation to the file portion not part of the automated test?
Sales Engineer @ Ranorex