Problem with "Invoke action - Select" in Chrome/Edge when using add-on ver. 1.4.0

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
YvesL
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Problem with "Invoke action - Select" in Chrome/Edge when using add-on ver. 1.4.0

Post by YvesL » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:05 am

Some of my scripts don’t work anymore in Chrome and Edge when I use the add-on ver 1.4.0, while they are OK with 1.3.1.

The action that doesn’t have the expected outcome anymore with the new plugin is

“Invoke action” – “Select”.

When I use this action to select an element is associated with a dynamic script, the script isn’t executed anymore, regardless the Ranorex Studio version I use (up to 10.7.1).

E.g:
- I have a drop-down list of values and I use the “Invoke action” – “Select” to select one of the values in the list.
- The action actually selects the right value
- This “onchange” event triggers a script when using the add-on 1.3.1 but not with add-on 1.4.0.
- However, when, instead of using “Invoke action” – “Select”, I use Mouse clicks to pen the list and select a value, the “onchange” event is triggered and the associated script runs, event with add-on 1.4.0.

This is REALLY VERY ANNOYING, because the “invoke action” is widely used in my scripts and sometimes even necessary (e.g. value selected outside visible range).

Does anyone know more about this issue ?

Ankit_isin

Re: Problem with "Invoke action - Select" in Chrome/Edge when using add-on ver. 1.4.0

Post by Ankit_isin » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:37 pm

Dear All,
I have also observed this behavior. please suggest.