Project Dependency

Ask general questions here.
kirant

Project Dependency

Post by kirant » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:36 am

I have an appplication comprising of multiple urls. In my Ranorex setup, I hvae created multiple projects for each of the urls and as part of the application, they need to interact with each other.
I have a situation where a class C1 (method M1) in project P1 needs to call another class C2 (method B2) in project P2. In order to do this, I simply referenced project P2 in project P1 and things work great. Now, here is my dilemma. For some othe class(method), I need a reverse reference ( project 2 need to call project 1's class(method) now). I cannot add P1 under p2 references because I get Cyclic Dependency Error.

How do we handle such scenarios? Is there a way to have references setup at a Class level instead of at the project level?

Thanks
Kirant

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Project Dependency

Post by Support Team » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:30 am

Hi,

Sorry, there are no "Class references".
In order to avoid cyclic dependencies, I would suggest to add a new Class Library project to your solution. Add your common methods to the new project (Class Library) and then reference the new class library in your existing projects. That way you are able to use common methods in the new library in both projects.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team