QT Grid Items Not Updating

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
DavidHay

QT Grid Items Not Updating

Post by DavidHay » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:04 pm

I am testing a QT application. The application has a grid with patient images that is dynamically updated based on image type checkbox. Visually the application works as expected, however Ranorex can not see the changes. Instead it still recognizes the original objects. I have also tried another inspection tool and it sees the same results as Ranorex spy. Has anyone come across this problem before? The version of QT Widgets is 4.8 so it should be able to detect the changes.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: QT Grid Items Not Updating

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 am

Hi,

If you are getting the same result with another spy tool, then there is most probably nothing Ranorex folks can do about it? However, it's hard to tell for sure without seeing your app or a small sample app, featuring the mentioned grid. BTW, what happens if you take a snapshot before and after data refresh? Does the second snapshot contains changed data?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

DavidHay

Post by DavidHay » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I tried before and after snapshots. They were identical.

I did find some additional information. If I view one of the images, which opens a different screen, and then return to the original screen, Ranorex and other spy tool now see the changes. It must be the way our application is updating the changes.

DavidHay

Post by DavidHay » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:34 pm

We found the issue was with our application. The widgets actually do exist but can not be viewed on the screen. I found this out by manually clicking in a location that used to have a previously displayed widget, which resulted in the image opening. Not sure how our application managed to do this yet.