Ranorex and TFS 2017

Ask general questions here.
u.w.e.

Ranorex and TFS 2017

Post by u.w.e. » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Hallo,
formerly in Ranorex we used TFVC with TeamExplorer 2012 and MSSCCI 2012. Because of your Bug "Ranorex occasionally freezes with TFS project" we switched this off.
Now we upgraded to TeamFoundationServer 2017 and Ranorex 7.2.
Which TFVC is now supported by Ranorex?

I tried TeamExplorer 2013 und MSSCCI 2013. I worked like described in your Guide "Add a Ranorex Solution to TFVC". After "Add solution to source control" and select "MS Team Foundation Server" always I get a popup "The Workspace you selected is a local Workspace....Do you want to change the workspace to a server workspace ". Whatever i choose (Yes,No) - Ranorex Studio freezes after minutes.
Do you have any idea?

Regards, Uwe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

asdf

Re: Ranorex and TFS 2017

Post by asdf » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi Uwe,

Unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure, but I think that there is no MSSCCI Provider for TFVC 2017. Since Ranorex uses this MSSCCI provider, I guess that the this won't work.
However, since you used TFVC 2012 you probably installed the MSSCCI provider for this version. Please try to uninstall this provider and install the provider for TFVC 2013. Afterwards, try to add your solution to TFVC again.

Please let us know if this helps.

Kind regards,
asdf