Ranorex Custom Report Template during execution

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
amitgupta

Ranorex Custom Report Template during execution

Post by amitgupta » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:53 pm

Dear Team,

When I try to execute project from Jenkin by command prompt it is giving below error that says that report file is not going to be create. I don't have this report template folder and also not sure why it is asking for report template

Could you please guide me for the same ? Please provide your precious time to resolve this error ?
main error :-21/10/08 15:43:37.231][Failure][TestSuite]: The report file or directory could not be created. The custom report template directory
when i created this report folder manually then i am getting below error also
Error log :-
as 'Build succeeded.
0 Warning(s)
0 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:03.20
[SampleAutomationProject] $ cmd /c call C:\Users\ami\AppData\Local\Temp\jenkins1645982903178513299.bat

C:\JenkinTargetMachine\workspace\SampleAutomationProject>C:\JenkinTargetMachine\workspace\SampleAutomationProject\WebApplicationProject\WebApplicationProject\WebApplicationProject\bin\Debug\WebApplicationProject.exe
[2021/10/08 15:43:37.189][Debug ][Logger]: Console logger starting.
[2021/10/08 15:43:37.231][Failure][TestSuite]: The report file or directory could not be created. The custom report template directory 'C:\JenkinTargetMachine\workspace\SampleAutomationProject\WebApplicationProject\WebApplicationProject\WebApplicationProject\bin\Debug\src\reportTemplate' does not exist.
[2021/10/08 15:43:37.375][Debug ][Logger]: Console logger stopping.

C:\JenkinTargetMachine\workspace\SampleAutomationProject>exit -1
Build step 'Execute Windows batch command' marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Ranorex Custom Report Template during execution

Post by odklizec » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:46 am

Hi,

Open the solution in Ranorex Studio and make sure the folder src\reportTemplate is included in the project. If you are not sure how to include files/folders to project, just follow the steps from this post...
data-source-files-organization-and-main ... tml#p31249
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

amitgupta

Re: Ranorex Custom Report Template during execution

Post by amitgupta » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:42 pm

odklizec wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:46 am
Hi,

Open the solution in Ranorex Studio and make sure the folder src\reportTemplate is included in the project. If you are not sure how to include files/folders to project, just follow the steps from this post...
data-source-files-organization-and-main ... tml#p31249
Thank you now it is resolved. I appreciate your time