Ranorex does not instrument app on iOS

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
Fabian

Ranorex does not instrument app on iOS

Post by Fabian » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:04 am

Hello,
the Problem we have is:
It is possible to deploy our App via USB.
While following the Instrumentation Wizard the "Instrument the App under test" Checkbox is activated and the Instrumentation Settings are right.
After clicking on "Next" the Wizard instruments and deploys the App to the device.
Now we start the App manually on the device.
But after this the App is not listet in the App-List of the RxSeriveApp nor under "Instrumented App" at Ranorex(PC) -> Devices -> IPhone
Also Ranorex says there "IPhone (No app running)". (While the App is running)

We did the same with the sample App MiniKeePass. And it works. It is displayed in the RxServieApp, und Instrumented Apps in Ranorex and when it runs Ranorex Shows.

iOS: v. 8.1.1
PC: Windows 7 SP1
Ranorex: 5.3.3.23378

afleitas
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Ranorex does not instrument app on iOS

Post by afleitas » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Hello Fabian,

Do you have the "P12" file, password, mobile provision file set int he instrumentation wizard?
Is the app you are attempting to instrument already signed by another profile than yours?
Do you have a sample of this app we can attempt to instrument?

Also, yes if the app is not instrumented and is just running in foreground, you will receive a "No App Running". Unlike Android Ranorex cannot automate iOS system App's
Normal people... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
-Scott Adams :)

Fabian

Post by Fabian » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:45 pm

Hello,

yes, P12, the right Password and the mobileprovision file were set.
We entered intentionally wrong informations and the wizard Shows an error and it is not possible to click "Next".
So, because with the right informations the wizard let me continue the informations, Ranorex has to recognize that the entered informations as right.

afleitas
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by afleitas » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Hello,

By any chance do you have this device added as Wifi and USB.? Furthermore, can you please provide some screenshots . I attempted to instrument one of my app's and I didn't run into any issues.
Normal people... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
-Scott Adams :)