Ranorex isn't not able to run my App on IOS after deployment

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
hoda.naji

Ranorex isn't not able to run my App on IOS after deployment

Post by hoda.naji » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:48 am

Hey,
I'm encountering a problem while conducting my mobile testing on IOS. After instrumenting successfully the app (like it's instructed in the user guide) we tried deploying this app on the iphone through ranorex, the deployment was successful and i can see the app and i can run the app just fine manually.
When i run the recording, ranorex tried mores than once to run the application but with no luck at all.
The run is made 3 times each time it gave a black screen on the device and just close the app.
After that an error will pop stating that there is more than one debugging session (it should be noted that no other application was running).
After giving up on deployment we tried to deploy ourself the instrumented application, but we encountered another issue which is ranorex is not recording any steps, nothing. And when you run the recording it only run the application and opens it nothing else.

So please can someone help me figure out the step missing??
It should be mentioned that this application uses REST webservices but not when launching the application.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex isn't not able to run my App on IOS after deployment

Post by Support Team » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Hello,

Thank you very much for your detailed problem description.

May I ask you, did you create your .ipa file, which you deployed with Ranorex with a development provisioning profile. If the .ipa was created with a release profile, then the debug-server, which is used by Ranorex would kill the app, as it seems to be in your case.
(This is basically also discussed on this site: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3523 ... hone-sdk-4 )

Thus, please create an .ipa file and ensure, that it is signed with a development (or also sometimes called debug) profile. Furthermore, please start the app once on the device using the "Play" button out of XCode, as the debug-server only get's installed that way.

Afterwards you should be able to start your app via USB.
Furthermore, also ensure that the instrumentation is done correctly as described on this site:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c4435

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Kind regards,
Christian