Ranorex Magic Merger Errors

Ask general questions here.
Xiappi

Ranorex Magic Merger Errors

Post by Xiappi » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:09 pm

Hi,
I am working in a team (Ranorex Ver. 9.3.1.) with another person using TortoiseGit (Ver. 2.10.0.2) and everything works fine until we need to merge the .rxtst files together.

It has no problem merging the .csproj together but when it gets to the .rxtst it gives me the following error:
Annotation 2020-04-13 170010.png
I have tried several things to fix this including binding all the variables past test module 41, removing all tests from the test suite on my remote copy, removing all the tests from the test suite on the remote copy, manually editing the .rxtst to get around the errors, and other things.

We didn't have this problem in the summer of 2019 but now that new people have joined it started causing us problems.

When manually comparing the differences in TortoiseGit there are no conflicts, so it should be able to merge them in theory.

If anyone can help me with this that would be amazing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex Magic Merger Errors

Post by Support Team » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:22 am

Hello Xiappi,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

We did not come across a similar problem yet. There is probably something specific about that .rxtst file. Can you write to us directly via our support query?

Can you attach ".rxtst" base, yours and theirs files to the ticket so that we may try to merge them ourselves and debug the error?

We are looking forward to your ticket.

Sincerely,
Tomaž