Ranorex not able to find filter in Excel

Ask general questions here.
sbaheti

Ranorex not able to find filter in Excel

Post by sbaheti » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:55 am

Hi,
There appears a filter in every column header of excel(our application situation).Cant able to identify the control(filter).When i tried to identify the control. only the rxpath of the cell is obtained.Help me to identify the control.

Herewith i attached the Screenshot.the control to be found is highlighted by red rectanle

Thanks,
Sonali.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranorex not able to find filter in Excel

Post by Support Team » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi,
sbaheti wrote:Herewith i attached the Screenshot.the control to be found is highlighted by red rectanle
Sorry but it is not possible to get these buttons. These buttons are drawn by Excel and we cannot track them. But as a workaround you could click the cell on the center-right location to hit the button. The dropdown inside this button can be tracked. I will also file a bug for this issue and maybe the related developer will find a solution to provide the button.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

sdaly

Post by sdaly » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Couldn't you use the gdi rawimage capture here?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi,

Yes you could but you will have no joy, because the images are always the same. Means they have the same hashcode and the rectangle recognition is a bit off. :)

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

sdaly

Post by sdaly » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Ah yes! How about getting the matching raw images then use the column index as the instance?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:18 pm

sdaly wrote: How about getting the matching raw images then use the column index as the instance?
Yes you could, but I wouldn't suggest this, because to work with instances alone is a bit fishy. :) (just my opinion) In combination with other attributes it is okay. But if there is no other chance I would use them too.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team