Ranorex report -access denied

Ask general questions here.
omayer

Ranorex report -access denied

Post by omayer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:23 pm

I like to save the report file at network drive , but kept getting following error , tried w/running as admin but no go , also tried changed settingin advanced tab for running as adm
ranorexReport.jpg
in
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tipu

mdgairaud

Re: Ranorex report -access denied

Post by mdgairaud » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:42 am

Hi,

Do you have writing permissions on the network path? Have you tried to map the network drive to a letter?

regards

omayer

Post by omayer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:19 pm

Thank you , it worked

thomas1t

Post by thomas1t » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Actually, I've been having this problem as well. During one of my test recordings, I am saving an XML file to a networked, shared folder. I mapped the network location to a drive letter and made triple sure I full permission to the folder: what I observed is that sometimes it will write without issues but on a subsequent iteration, I will get the "you do not have permission..." error. The only thing I haven't tried is asking my admin for local admin rights to the server itself which, and I think you'd agree, is not the best solution. Any other ideas? I'm using v5.4.1.25490

jma

Post by jma » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi Thomas,

It seems to be a permission issue or an issue of wrong configuration.

I would suggest taking a look at some Microsoft troubleshooting pages, for example the following: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 353?auth=1

Generally, I would not recommend using network drives during test execution. The best solution would be to save the file locally.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:37 pm

Agreed, save locally and then copy to remote locations after the test.

If you don't use a Continuous Integration solution like Jenkins/Bamboo/Team City to run your tests, you should really consider it as they can handle these kinds of things very easily without cluttering your test with logistical/administrative trivialities.
Shortcuts usually aren't...