Reading XML as data file

Ask general questions here.
kirant

Reading XML as data file

Post by kirant » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:01 am

Hello,
I need to read XML as a data file. In Ranorex, is it possible to read the xml file with some built-in class just like CSVConnector?
Alternately, I can treat the entire xml content as a column in a data file and read it but unfortunately I cannot use CSVConnector because commas are used in the XML content. Can we choose any other character instead of comma to parse the values?

Thanks
Kirant

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reading XML as data file

Post by Support Team » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:01 am

Hi,
kirant wrote:Can we choose any other character instead of comma to parse the values?
I would suggest you to use the following documentation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307548 and write you own XMLReader.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

kirant

Post by kirant » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi Peter,
Alternatively, is it possible to put the data in the database and read from there? Does Ranorex have an in-built class just like CSVConnector to support database driven testing?

Thanks
Kirant

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:38 pm

is it possible to put the data in the database and read from there?
Kirant, you do realize that anything you can write in C# or VB.NET (and a few other languages) you can do in Ranorex...

Use google to search how to read and write data from your DB of choice. Put that code into your automation code. And there you go...
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...