Reg : Ranorex Run Time (Floating) License Details

Ask general questions here.
sankari

Reg : Ranorex Run Time (Floating) License Details

Post by sankari » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi,

I tried trial version of Ranorex and i want to recommend this tool for my company.Currently we are using Desktop(Java Based App) and web application and there are two testers involved for testing.

I need few details , before i proceed further

1) Run Time Floating License(£690) -> For how many users this license is limited??
2) Run Time Floating License(£690) ->Covers desktop testing as well??
3) Run Time Floating License(£690) and Premium Floating License ->Both has same features accept the user limitation??
4)What does standalone Test Execution mean??

Please let me know your comments,

Thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reg : Ranorex Run Time (Floating) License Details

Post by Support Team » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi,

Add 1: A Ranorex Floating License can be shared between different machines/users (not limited to a certain amount of machines), but can only be used by one machine/user at a time.
Add 2: A Ranorex License in general enables you to test desktop, web and mobile applications. The Runtime Licenses in special enables you to execute the generated tests.
Add 3: The Ranorex Runtime License enables you to execute Ranorex based test scripts and projects. The Premium License enables you to use all Ranorex tools, including the Ranorex Studio, Ranorex Spy, etc..
Add 4: It means that you can execute Ranorex tests.
For more information about pricing and features of Ranorex please contact [email protected], they will be more than pleased to help.

Regards,
Markus

paulgabion

Post by paulgabion » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Hello Support Team,

Good day.

Just a follow-up on this topic. We have three floating licenses on our license server. We need to use two of them on one machine. Is this possible? And how can this be done?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Paul

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi Paul,

Yes, this is possible. You can transfer the license keys to another machine using the "Transfer License(s)" option as described on our user guide.
Just install the License Server Tool on the new machine and install the license there.

Regards,
Bernhard